Powered by Blogger.

Empty roads

She's covered in charcoal and regretting staying up late to confront her demons (who won again). He sits by her like he always does, ignorance clouding his mind and she doesn't know how to tell him. She doesn't know how to talk to him anymore because he won't know what she means when she tells him all she feels is the icy chill of winter in her hollow bones. He doesn't know how to talk to her anymore because she won't understand when he tells her all he feels is alone in a forest teeming with life.

And they stay silent again.

--

Too many cars drive by
Isolation
Is a common feeling

I've been trying so hard for so long to feel something. I've been numb for so long and passion slips through my fingers just as surely as the dandelions flew away with my dreams.

As surely as those dreams continue to slip through the fingers covered in the ink of the Future and Fear.

4 comments:

  1. I just love everything you write. Really, though. You're very very good at this game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very descriptive, but cryptic. Love the uncertainty and that line- "and they stay silent again."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah. This gave me literal chills (and that never really happens to me). It's probably because this is exactly describing my life.

    ReplyDelete