Powered by Blogger.

Fears

Let's take a minute to talk about our fears.
(feel free to share your own fears/philosophy on fear in the comments or on your own blog)

We all have a set of shallow fears. Spiders, the dentist, mosquitoes, etc.

But I want to talk about deeper fears.
The fall of oblivion when we pass on. Our bodies decaying not in the ground, but while we are still living.
(mostly)
The fear that someone we might or might not know holds our fragile soul in their hands and has the power to tear it in two.

The fear of regret, of the Might Have Beens.

The fear that we are truly unloved by those we hold close to our hearts.

The fear of the monsters in our heads.

The fear of being forgotten.
The fear of forgetting.

The fear of our fears.
Of being afraid
Of weaknesses
Like fear.

Sometimes I feel like I am ruled by those fears as if they dictate my life. That scares me too. I'm afraid of all these things, and I will admit it. I'm afraid of love, regret, loss, afraid of being forgotten. I'm afraid of the future, just like everyone else in highschool.

I'm afraid of being human.
But isn't that what makes me so human after all?

2 comments:

  1. Let me agree with everything. That we all have two sets of fears. That we're afraid of being human. And everything in between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Our bodies decaying not in the ground, but while we are still living." #stolen

    ReplyDelete