Powered by Blogger.

Endymion Falling

The story of Endymion has gotten rather muddled over many years. I am choosing to take his name on as a metaphor for waking. Endymion slept eternally because the goddess of the moon(Selene) loved him so, and he her. She wanted him to stay ageless and deathless so Zues made him sleep.

He never laid his eyes on the thing he loved more than anything else ever again.

I take on his name to remind myself that I never want to lose sight of the things I love. I want to throw my Endymion off my shoulders, brush off, and stand tall, ready to return to Paris.

Endymion Falling.




2 comments:

  1. I actually love this intro! I love the story behind your name and how you're making it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally read your intro. Excellence as usual.

    ReplyDelete