Powered by Blogger.

Red Suns and Lollygaggers


The strangers here exist for nothing
Do they recognize that what they see
Are only allusions of thought?
I feel their souls falling
These are the ones who forgot to look up
Who only see what they left behind in hues of red


The sun in this foreign sky is red
All those who observe it say nothing
Its burning light forgot what it should fill up
Our eyes forgot what we should see
As we offer an aubade to the falling
Isn't that a lovely thought?


I'm no longer certain what we thought
But I remember an abundance of red
Somehow we stopped ourselves from falling
Yet now it seems to have meant nothing
I know that you as well as I see
What we've given up


I spent so much time tonight looking up
With just you and my thought
It was the first time I could honestly see
Why the rising sun is red
Why we were content saying nothing
How fathomless were the depths in which I was falling


Since then I don't think I've stopped falling
But you were the one who said, "Try looking up"
And where before I saw nothing
I have filled with the color of thought
And the sun is rising and it is red
Please tell me that is what you see


I suppose one day the two of us will see
Where the stars were falling
We'll remember that dark sky as if it were red
And how you looked up
And how both of us had thought
So much--and yet vocalized nothing


The twilight of morning let us see almost nothing
So we lay falling into the abyss of our intertwined thought
I hoped that night we would watch the red sun come up

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this and I adore you. This is probably one if my favorite, if not, my favorite post you have ever done. 10/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are wonderful, in the fill me with wonder kind of way. You're a beautiful writer.

    ReplyDelete